Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What Happens When Superheroes Go Bad?

You get Marvel Zombies!



I figure most people have heard of this by now, but I just wanted to give a quick shout out to this fun little series. The idea is that a zombie outbreak occurred but it targets superheroes. The heroes feast on the world and eventually deplete all of the humans on Earth and need to look elsewhere for food. It's a disturbing comic, especially when you see Hulk reach into his own belly, pull out the bits of person he just ate, and eat them again to keep the hunger at bay. I have the first three collections now and the Army of Darkness crossover as well. I highly recommend them for anyone who is a zombie fan and especially if you are a Marvel comics fan as well. The Army of Darkness crossover is particularly fun because you get to see Ash take on some of your favorite superheroes. The reason this is coming up now is because I just re-read them all last night (quick reads) and figured I would give a shout out to them now.

Go buy them and read some great zombie mayhem!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I love those books. Short, arbitrary stories full of great zombie munching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hell no more zombies.

    ReplyDelete